Simplify & Celebrate was the CEO Focus of 2019 and Team Buckingham has much to be proud of. Check out our Top 19 of 2019!
- We hosted our third annual Buckingham Career Day at Ball State University where our team took over campus to share information on Buckingham’s career opportunities and employee culture. Of course, all our BSU Cardinals had some fun too!
- Buckingham welcomed 17 new Summer Associates to the team working in all departments including construction, property management, human resources and more.
- The Annual Leadership Conference highlighted the theme of CELEBRATE and ACCELERATE. Attendees learned from inspiring speakers, honored Blue Door Society members, networked with colleagues and celebrated the Awards of Excellence winners.
- Buckingham Foundation competed in CANstruction at the Indiana State Fair this summer with IronCan. Incorporating more than 40 volunteers and 17,000 canned goods, this project benefited hungry Hoosiers and our friends at Gleaners Food Bank. Sites participated with local drives and a continued commitment to community involvement.
- Buckingham FUND I has been a primary concentration for the year. From the Investor Board Meeting in April to the renovations onsite, our team has been committed to the success of these properties and the upcoming closing of FUND II.
- The asset management team has spent most of 2019 defining the functions of their department while growing their team and focusing on collaboration. They completed the acquisition of Mosaic at Levis Commons in Perrysburg, Ohio and the disposition of The Flats at Austin Landing in Miamisburg, Ohio and Stonybrook Commons in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Buckingham’s development team has been extremely busy this year with over a billion dollars in the pipeline. They completed CityWay II while working towards completing Foundry South. New development projects for 2020 include Whetstone 1B, Purdue Research, Anthem, Blue Ash and Pittsburgh.
- With a focus on professional development, property management leadership completed coaching with Progression Partners. They will share their knowledge throughout the coming year!
- Shout out to Drew Fishbaugh for his promotion to Project Executive and to Brian Minnick for his leadership of the BCS team in 2019!
- The CityWay and Foundry teams have been working diligently during lease-up of both their properties throughout 2019.
- During grant making season, Buckingham Foundation announced a partnership with Challenging Heights and our funding of the Buckingham House in Ghana. The Buckingham House will accommodate more than 100 children rescued from childhood trafficking on Lake Volta.
- The PM Steering Committee continues to expand, share ideas and discuss best practices. Thank you for your leadership Harold West, Nichole Buckley, Sabrina Bohl, Holly Jordan and Rachel Miller.
- Thank you to all who contributed to the Buckingham Angel Fund. Because of your generous support, we were able to assist several employees with financial and PTO grants during their time of need. The Foundation Open House also raised over $15,000 for the Angel Fund.
- As always, our annual Buckingham Day of Service was hugely successful because of our amazing volunteers. In 2019, over 350 employees in nine states served 26 different nonprofits.
- Our Platinum Sales Club Winners knocked it out of the park. Congratulations to these leasing superstars. We’ll be visiting each winner in February to provide their personalized awards.
- Our company business lines continue to grow with the addition of Artisan, our corporate housing entity, led by Jason Luther.
- We successfully restructured Information Technology and Operations, combining multiple support functions into one department headed by Tera Odom and welcomed Matt Barbiea and Hannah Lucid to the newly combined “ITOPS” team.
- Emily Watson joined the team as Senior Vice President of Property Management. Emily’s energy and spirit are contagious, and she wants to “knock the snot” out of the competition!
- Stay Alfred is now leasing at The Argyle located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This will be an exciting partnership for our team as the housing industry shifts focus to short-term stays.
Last year was both busy and successful. Thank you for your dedication and efforts. Moving forward we strive to reach a CEO Focus of Healthy, Robust Organization defined as: Profit & growth balanced with employees' wellbeing. Strategically integrating employee wellbeing into the organization’s practices, results and outcomes and reinforcing it through established practices of leadership support, healthy job quality, learning culture and development of people.
Let’s challenge ourselves to be solution oriented, focus on all that we can accomplish, work smarter and continue to celebrate our wins. If you have a terrific example of Buckingham as a Healthy, Robust Organization, please email it to Becca Manolov. (Link to email)